Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Whisper...



This is my favorite time of year... I love the change, that breath of fresh,crisp air and that feeling of the coming stillness.
The light is so soft, yet somehow it seems to make bolder the vibrant colors of the trees on display.

I find it odd to recognize this trait in myself, because in Louisiana we do not have much in the way of a "change of seasons". So how did I, a child born of southern humidity, develop such an innate penchant for fall?

For me, the sensation come from deep within. This is not from just some surface longing for something cooler; but rather comes from some prehistoric, ingrained exposure... causing a need for life to slow and pause for a "cryogenic" state, of sorts.

Where not only the physical earth becomes dormant and rests, but where human longing grabs hold to make room inside for renewal and a review of life as we know it.

A space in time where people are allowed to wrap up, relax, snuggle and just "BE".

This place in time comes along with a balance of day and night, which further enhances a chance for rest and reflection. Maybe time near a fireplace or a moment to sip a steamy cup of tea...restorative, reflective, peaceful.
The season enfolds you like a lover and whispers softly, "slow down".

I am overcome with the look, spirit and feel of fall. I have given over to the whisper... I wish for us all, if only for a moment, a place in which to "BE"!

No comments: