Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Long Road, But Don't Walk Too Fast!

Feet on the Ground, not in it...



Strolling around my olde' town, I stopped today near a place that I have traveled past for years.  I even remembered that as a young teenager, I pushed the pedals with much more energy... as to not slow down near here!  

It is actually a pretty patch of land with lovely, windswept trees that sometimes together with the sun create lace patterns on the grasses of the glaring white, bleached tombstones.  I have decided that this is a perfect to place to walk on a bad day...

For here there is no bad day.  

People come and go, life in all of it's joy and chaos continues.  We are merely a blip on the screen of a universe so vast and incomprehensible that our problems are truly microscopic.  All that means is, everything, the gusto of your life, is how you carry yourself in any given second; for the next second may not be held for your existence!

It is very hushed in this space, the markings are old and tell tales of people who once were.  I breath in and push my feet across this shroud of green turf  in order that I might return to my "bad" day.  And in this day I have gained a bit of clear insight, that it just ain't so bad after all...  


No comments: