Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lavender Veil...


Wrapped in warmth beneath a pale, lavender veil...coolness settles down upon the shoulders that have escaped from my cocoon.

I turn and stretch, pushing the harsh light away from my sleepy vision as I resist the necessary order of the day.

Secure and serene, I wish to languish in the warmth, forever.

Unwrapped, exposed, as I ride along my way; breeze caresses my face and I notice the earth wrapped in a silken mist.

Water lies invisible beneath the bridge as I cross over, the trees hidden from my sight by swirling billows of a filmy, gauze cloak.

The sun is a far and diffuse broken light that attempts to push through the cocoon...

It is as if the earth reflects my lazy morning view as the day bursts upon us.

Secure and serene, mother nature echos my wish to languish and hide from the necessary order of the day... beneath her pale, lavender veil!



No comments: