Sunday, May 8, 2011

6 Sentence Sunday (#2)

My Grandmother sat at the table today eating her lobster in a most staid manner;  the only thing missing was the crown she so deserves (though it might be worn with slight tilt).

My Mother is more excited about the variety of birds that come to feed in her yard, than she is her dinner plate on this blue sky Sunday.  (I guess I get that from her?)

Mother's Day is my least favorite day of the year.  Not because of the Mother's before me, but perhaps more for my failures as a Mother that seem to echo loudly inside of my empty mailbox.

Katie's Dad smiled with his sparkly, blue eyes as he greeted his children with a taunting quip!

The birthday cake was a huge swirl of cupcakes, piled high with colorful icings and flowers...the girl in the purple dress was highly excited to see her brightly lit candles, and that light seemed to radiate through her joyful eyes!

Brightly colored chips covered the table top mixed in with the paper money and empty, green beer bottles...the poker game was a riotous success for some!

Thank you all, have a wonderful Mother's Day and enjoy your families...

No comments: