Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Down and Out With a Dragon!

Goodness, I feel like crap today.  I called in (well, I actually texted in) and desribed my "dragon" of a sore throat and slight fever.  I did not open my computer or do anything all day, I slept and the tea, coffee and water...seemed to be no help at all. 
So, tissues piled up and some ointment gently rubbed on my throat and wrapped with a towel, sent me off to doze once more. 
The phone, that somehow managed to wind up beneath my pillow, rang and startled me so badly, I actually sat straight up, shaking.  The racous noise left my heart banging loudly inside my ears...which managed to reduce my intense dream to nothing more than a milky blur.  The person calling to check on me must have thought that I was a bit muddled and mad.  I wish they had brought me some streamy Chinese soup instead!

I had a few cheese busicuits and I let the tv drone on with "Project Runway" as I snoozed.  I woke to the phrase, " Guadelupe, you are out!"  followed by that European, "double-cheeked" pecking sound that made me choose just to roll over once more! 
Needless to say,  not much of a productive day... but I think that I had just worn myself down to the bone, leaving me no choice but to rest, nurture and revive.  Funny, how you think that you can manage your life and body despite yourself, but when your body (or mind for that matter)  has had enough it will find a way to slow you down or stop you in your tracks.  It makes not one darn difference if you agree to the respite or not!

Now, there are some pretty flowers in my view, I have soothed out my soft sheets and fluffed myself so that I might manage the simple task of turning on my computer.  I have enjoyed some really good blogs, smiled, laughed and pondered. You all sure keep me on my toes! 

I hope that I can pull it together and feel around on my insides enough to draw out some creative poem or something.  But, if that does not happen and you see nothing more from me tonight, just know that  "The Office" drones on the tv in the background as I snuggle in and try to make peace with that dragon who breathes fire in my throat...

Please send soup!

No comments: