Thursday, May 26, 2011

To The Friend Who Made Me Smile Today...

I have had a bad week!  Well, okay to be honest, I have had a bad time since last October.
Now don't get me wrong, there have been good things, in fact there have been wonderful things.  I really try not to miss the awesomeness around me, really.  And I remember to be grateful for the blessings that I have, the beauty that surrounds me, the family and friends, I really do.
But losing my Dad was hard, work is hard, money is tight, other friends have died.

Those things, despite my fight, remain close to the surface.

I work on making memories and I plan things to look forward to, I am working on myself and doing things that I like.  But, still the darker shroud remains.
After a long work night, last night... I return to unlock my office door this morning.  A friend had returned a book that she had borrowed, it was settled just inside the Lucite mailbox.  As I moved to my desk a cream colored envelope fell out of the book,  fluttered to the grey carpet and settled at my feet.
I picked it up to open the flap and before I could fully take the card out, I had tears falling down my freckled cheeks.  A beautiful card, with a beautiful sentiment, from a beautiful friend!
I was so astounded at my tears, what the hell is going on?

Then I took a moment to feel the caring that came along with the message!  I understood, that I fight so much and work so hard and try to give to others... and in that I forget what it is liked to be cared for!

It meant so much to me today, that I just wanted to honor her and share with you.
The flamingo's are a symbol of beauty, balance and grace.  My friend is all these things, rolled up in a delicate, yet smart and spirited package!
Thank you, my friend!

The photo's are from the my zoo trip in Chicago!

No comments: